Jean-Christophe BarbeAssociate Professor Enology
Yves Le FurAssociate professor
Axel MarchalAssistant professor Oenology
Isabelle Masneuf-PomarèdeProfessor Oenology
One key point in the decision-making process for winemaking, from grape harvest to bottling, is the capacity to diagnose wine quality determinants. The goal of this course is to give you up-to-date knowledge and to guide you in using this knowledge to optimize and control the winemaking process. The course includes various wine tastings and a visit to a Bordeaux “Grand Cru”.
WHO IS IT FOR ?
Students, wine estate managers, consultants in enology and vineyard management, international wine consultants, wine company directors, enology lab directors, researchers, etc.
- Updating your knowledge on wine quality determinants
- Diagnosing off-flavours at an early stage
- Adjusting your oenological practices based on sensory evaluation
- Wine quality olfactory determinants
- Wine balance gustative determinants
- Sensory space and different wine styles
- Diagnosing off-flavours to control the winemaking process and to optimize terroir expression
- Wine ageing management